ACT Cape Town Admission Requirements
Please obtain application form through office or on the website. In order to apply for the Advanced Certificate in Acting for Film, students need to have completed the ACT Higher Certificate in Acting for Film or an equivalent NQF Level 5 qualification.
An audition is required:
auditions must be scheduled and approved in advance by the office and will only be considered after all appropriate documents have been received.
Please submit all these documents for your application to be considered.
- A certified copy of applicant’s Higher Certificate or equivalent NQF Level 5 Qualification.
- In the event that the applicant has another higher education
qualification, please include a certified copy of the qualification.
- For international qualifications, a certified copy of the SAQA Certificate of Evaluation must be submitted.
- A letter of recommendation.
- Passport /ID photographs. (For emailed Applications — please bring photos with you to the Audition)
- A certified copy of identity document.
For international students, a certified copy of front page of passport and study permit is required.
A 2 — 4 min monologue.
Material should be something the candidate can easily relate to and best shows his / her range of ability.
Cape Town based students are required to audition in person.
For students not based in Cape Town, auditions may be recorded and submitted. Please ensure that the picture and sound is of good
Applicants will be notified in writing regarding their acceptance into the course, within one week of audition taking place.
Please note: Should you not meet the above admission requirements, please contact us directly so we may assist you with alternate course options.