UJ Online Application 2021 – 2022 | University of Johannesburg
So, you are looking to further your studies, and the only university on your mind is the University of Johannesburg (UJ)? Securing a chance at any university is not an easy process. It is necessary that you meet the academic requirements and adhere to the laid out application process. This article offers you reliable tips on how to make a successful UJ online application. Read on to understand the registration process, how you can apply online and offline, how to register, as well as how to track your UJ application status in 2021 – 2022.
University of Johannesburg Application 2021 – 2022 : To apply to University of Johannesburg , you need the documents below :
1) A certified copy of the green bar coded ID
2) Proof of payment of any relevant application fees
3) Certified copy of grade 11 results and any latest grade 12 results
For a full list of tips to remember before you apply, read here.
Applicants must check individual further requirements for each course and each tertiary institution. Please also be aware
FYI: South Africans learners wishing to apply online will need a working email address and an ID number. Foreign learners wishing
to apply will need to have their passport number.
UJ follows a strict online process that every individual wishing to join the university must adhere to. As with the other universities, you should be meticulous with your UJ online application process if you are to secure a place at the university.
What you need to know about the University of Johannesburg
There are numerous universities in South Africa, which calls for careful consideration when choosing your university of choice. It is natural that you would want to know more about the University of Johannesburg before you can start the registration process. UJ is one of the numerous public universities in South Africa. It is located in Johannesburg. With over 90 departments and 9 faculties, the UJ has grown to be a significant university in the country. On a yearly basis, UJ registers about 48,000 students. However, all these students are enrolled in the university’s four campuses around the country.
UJ Online Application 2021 – 2022
Having the desire to join UJ is another thing and applying successfully is another. In fact, most individuals lose their chances of joining their universities of choice by failing to follow the registration process guidelines. To join UJ, it is a requirement that you make the application either online or offline.
The whole process is thorough and calls for a lot of seriousness and research to find all the crucial information that you need. However, it takes the right procedure to register successfully and join the university. Let us look at UJ online application 2021 – 2022 in details.
Requirements for UJ online application process
The following are some of the aspects that you need when registering online at UJ.
- An email address: you cannot complete the UJ application process without an email address. Besides, it will come in handy when receiving communication from the university. Therefore, make sure that you get an email first before starting the registration process.
- High Admission Point Score (APS): Southern African universities use the APS as a measure of someone’s qualification for different degree programmes. UJ follows a strict APS formula that takes into consideration six of your best subjects. However, Life Orientation is not part of this calculation. The number of points you get from all the courses makes the final APS score.
- Submit your application online: once you have started with UJ registration online, it is not possible to submit a hardcopy application.
- Full application: you should apply in full – do not leave out any important details. The university admission committee makes its decision to give you a slot at the university or deny you based on the details you provide. In addition, completing your application in full ensures that you do not experience delays in getting a response from the university.
How to complete UJ application
There are two ways you can apply to join UJ. you can use the online procedure or apply offline by filling a provided form. It is important to be careful and specific regarding your application status. UJ offers different application forms depending on the application one is making. However, the university discourages walk-in inquiries. If you have any concerns, contact them on their website or call them directly through 011 559 4555.
You can apply as:
- An undergraduate
- International student
- Continuing student
- Recognition as a prior learner
How to make offline UJ application
While a UJ online application is easy, it is not the only one. You can apply for a slot at the UJ offline by using the provided UJ application form. Once you have filled all your details well on the hard-copy form, you can send it to:
STUDENT ENROLMENT CENTRE
P.O BOX 524
UJ online application status
Applying to join any institution of higher learning is not a guarantee that you will be accepted. This should not scare you. However, it is necessary to track your UJ status so that you can prepare adequately.
Checking your UJ application status is easy. Click on this link to find out whether you have secured a place at the university. The link should guide you to the student portal. Use your student number or passport/ID number to login to the portal. Choose the year of application and press the search button. Once you confirm your slot at the university, it is advisable to start with the registration process right away.
How do I Register at UJ?
After securing a slot at UJ, the next step is to register. The university has a well-laid out guide on how to register easily. Here is a brief overview of the UJ registration process.
Step 1: use this link to register. To access the portal login using your student number and password. Alternatively, you can use the QR code provided. There is a CREATE PASSWORD button for students who have not created their passwords yet.
Step 2: once on the portal, head over to the on section titled ONLINE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT. Click on REGISTRATION to begin the process. In case you have any concerns, use the question mark (it is blue in color). Each step has a question mark and a guide on how to go about each section of the registration process.
Step 3: on the left side of the registration page, there are several processes listed; complete each process one by one. It is important to ensure that your contact details match. There is a section covering the Universities rules and agreement – read them carefully and click I ACCEPT once you are done. This ensures that you move to the next section of the online registration.
NOTE: Make sure that you have verified your registration status. In some instances, you may be denied to continue with the process. In such cases, seek assistance from the university on email through firstname.lastname@example.org or on the phone through 011 559 4555.
Step 4: Head over to the CHEQUE AND CREDIT CARD PAYMENT. It is important to note that you cannot use your debit card to make the payment. In case you are a continuing student, ensure that you clear any outstanding fees first. UJ accepts a minimum of R3870. However, for resident students, the minimum amount payable during registration is R6470
Step 5: After you are done with all the steps above, it is time to submit your registration and provide your employment details. If you are applying for someone else, provide his or her details as requested. Save all the information and proceed to the modules section where you choose the modules combination that you applied for.
Save everything and click to verify your modules selection. Also, make sure that you have verified the cost of your registration and end the process by clicking the ACCEPT REGISTRATION button. Do not forget to print this section as it acts as the registration proof.
Step 6: Now that you are done with the registration process, go to your campus and ask for your student card. The class timetable is available for printing from the portal.
Step 7: The ADD SUBJECTS TO A REGISTRATION section allows you to add more subjects that you wish to take. However, it is important to note that you can only add extra subjects within the confines of the University’s rules.
There you have it – a complete guide on how to make a successful UJ online application, registration process, as well as check your university status. It is now up to you to complete the application. Before you can start the online registration process, evaluate your qualification to find out whether you meet UJ’s APS score. Also, gather all the required application and registration supporting documents – you do not want a case where you lose a slot at the university because one document is missing.
See Also :
- University of Cape Town Online Application
- University of Fort Hare Online Application
- University of the Free State Online Application
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Online Application
- University of Limpopo Online Application
- North-West University Online Application
- University of Pretoria Online Application
- Rhodes University Online Application
- University of Stellenbosch Online Application
- University of the Western Cape Online Application
- University of the Witwatersrand Online Application
- Mpumalanga University Online Application
- Sol Plaatje University Online Application
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences Online Application
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology Application
- Central University of Technology Online Application
- Durban University of Technology Online Application
- Mangosuthu University of Technology Online Application
- Tshwane University of Technology Online Application
- Vaal University of Technology Online Application
- AFDA, The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance Application
- Auckland Park Theological Seminary Online Application
- Baptist Theological College of Southern Africa Online Application
- Boston City Campus and Business College Online Application
- Cornerstone Institute Online Application
- CTI Education Group Online Application
- Damelin Online Application
- Doxa Deo School of Divinity Online Application
- George Whitefield College Online Application
- IMM Graduate School of Marketing Online Application
- Inscape Design College Online Application
- Management College of Southern Africa Online Application
- Midrand Graduate Institute Online Application
- Milpark Business School Online Application
- Oval Education International Online Application
- Qualitas Career Academy Online Application
- Monash South Africa Online Application
- Regenesys Business School Online Application
- South African Theological Seminary Online Application
- St Augustine College of South Africa Online Application
- Stenden University South Africa Online Application
- Varsity College Online Application