Nelson Mandela University NMU Online Application 2020 – 2021
NMU Application Breakdown
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle. Applications close at the end of September for SA applicants (latest) and at the end of October for international applicants.
Apply to NMU using the online application
Things to note before applying online to NMU:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application.
- Have you calculated your APS? You’ll need to do this before applying. Find out how here. Nelson Mandela University NMU APS Calculation
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- Please note: check out the list of full programs before you apply.
- Ensure that you have a valid cell phone number. The outcome of your application will be sent via SMS.
How to Apply Online
NMU has one online application portal which leads to different forms, depending on what you would like to study.
Apply to NMU using the hardcopy application
Things to note before applying with a hardcopy form:
- Need accommodation? You can indicate this in the student residence section on the application form.
- Make sure you have attached all supporting documents before sending off the application form.
- Have you calculated your APS? You’ll need to do this before applying. Find out how here.
- Postgraduates will need to complete a separate application process.
- If you are applying for module exemption, you will need to complete the module exemption form.
You can post your application form to the following address:
The Admissions Office
PO Box 77000
Nelson Mandela University
Application Fees for NMU
There is no application fee for South African applicants.
International applicants need to pay an application fee of R500.
Please do not send cash in the post and remember to attach a copy of the proof of payment to your application form.
Tip: keep the original proof of payment, just in case.
Please note that this fee is non-refundable.
Submitting of Results and Documents
Here’s the deal: you must ensure that your Grade 11 and latest Grade 12 results are submitted. Failure to do this may result in delays with your application process. Not cool. All the documents you attach will need to be certified copies of the originals.
Are you a transferring student? If yes, make sure that all transcripts and academic records are submitted as early as possible. Your application for admission should be submitted by 2 August 2019. Late applications will be considered after this date, based on merit, until 30 September 2019. Remember to complete a module exemption form should you want to be exempt from certain modules.
NOTE: Once you have sent in your application and have a student number, you can check your application status here.
Contact Nelson Mandela University:
For more information on how to apply to NMU, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the NMU Admissions Department using the following details:
Tel: 041 504 1111