UJ Postgraduate Online Application 2020 – 2021
University of Johannesburg (UJ) encourage prospective students (Undergraduates) to apply online or paper based application forms as soon as possible for 2020 academic year.
Application deadline is 28 September 2019
Institution: University of Johannesburg (UJ)
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a public university located in Johannesburg, South Africa. The newly emerged institution is one of the largest comprehensive contact universities in South Africa, with nine faculties having more than 90 departments and an enrollment of approximately 48,000 students, spreading over four different campuses. The university is one of the largest residential universities in the Republic of South Africa.
Important information – New applicants
- The university requires all undergraduate entrants to write the National Benchmark Test (NBT). More information as to dates, venues, tests, registration, and costs is available from the NBT website at www.uj.ac.za/nbt
- In the case of applicants re-writing Grade 12 subjects, applications will be processed on the current results available. If Grade 12 has been written more than once then your combined results must be submitted with your application.
- Applicants writing the National Senior Certificate (NSC) through IEB or SACAI examining bodies can apply online by selecting “National Senior Certificate” under the Results Detail page of the online application process.
- Applicants currently in Grade 12 may be requested to provide certified copies of final Grade 11 results for verification and auditing purposes.
- Applicants may only apply for two study choices. These study choices can’t be amended once they have been chosen.
- Knowing the qualification requirements will avoid disappointment when applying.
Important information – Re-applicants/Transfer applicants/Senior applicants
- Applicants may only apply for two study choices. These study choices may not be amended once they have been chosen.
- Applicants already in possession of a UJ student number must use their existing student number when applying.
- Applicants interested in postgraduate studies (including B-Tech) please click here.
- To verify or update your cell number/email details – contact the UJ Call Centre on 011 559 4555.
- Applicants transferring from another university/tertiary institution are required to upload a full academic record/transcriptand degree/diploma certificate (if applicable). Please refer to “Document upload requirements when applying online” belowfor more information on uploading of documents.
Checklist for applying
- Valid email address (Gmail or Yahoo mail account).
- Have the requirements for study choices been met (see prospectus).
- If residence is required then a deposit of R1220 must be paid.
- Certified and individually scanned documents if completed Grade 12 (see process below).
- Document upload requirements when applying online (not applicable to applicants currently in grade 12 or internal transfer/Senior applicants):
- All documents must be certified
- When uploading documents, ensure that the scanned file is a maximum of 512KB, and that all documents are scanned in any of the following types – tiff, pdf, jpg or gif
- Each document must be scanned and uploaded as separate attachments
- Alternatively, documents can be emailed to [email protected] with the provisional reference/student number noted in the subject line of the email.
University contact numbers