University of Stellenbosch Online Application 2019 – 2020
You may apply online. In order to apply online you will need a working email address and your South African identity number, or, if you are an international applicant, your passport number.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application by printing the forms from the links below, and sending them to the Admissions Office.
Online Application Process
The application process to any university can often be tricky so we have decided to condense the application process into a few simple steps. Here’s your step-by-step guide to applying to Stellenbosch University.
Step 1 – Select a study programme
- Find out what programmes and courses are offered by Stellenbosch University. Click here to find out more.
- Choose study programmes that interest you while taking note of the minimum entrance requirements the selection guidelines for each faculty.
Step 2 – Be aware of closing dates
- (SUBJECT TO CHANGE WHEN 2018 APPLICATION INFO COMES OUT)
- 31 May: MB,ChB
- 30 June: All other programmes
- 30 June: Residence application
- 31 August: Financial support
Step 3 – Understand the application process
- Submitting an application form does not mean you are automatically accepted – each programme can only take a certain amount of students.
- You can select a first, second and third programme choice. This is due to some programmes having a tough selection process.
- It is possible that you might not make it into your preferred study programme so it is good to have a backup or two.
- If the University informs you that you’ve made it into your second or third choice, it does not mean that you cannot be considered for your first choice.
- However, be aware that you can only be admitted to one programme at a time.
- If you are admitted for your second choice but are reconsidered for your first choice, then your second choice will lapse when you are admitted to your first choice.
The following study programmes have extensive and rigorous selection processes: all programmes in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences; all programmes in the Faculty of Law; BA (Visual Arts); BA (Drama); BA (Music); BMus; BA (Sport Science); BSc (Sport Science); BEd (GenEd); BEngineering and BCom (International Studies).
- With these programmes you must always indicate a second choice.
- Only one programme within the Medical Faculty can be chosen.
- If your second choice is also from the above list then you must indicate a third choice not from the list.
You can change your programme choice by emailing your request to email@example.com. This is subject to availability.
Step 4 – Apply
- You apply online by using a cellphone number and email address.
- Applications open 1 March.
- You can acquire a hardcopy of the application by phoning 021 808 911 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must ensure that your information is correct else your application can be terminated or cancelled automatically.
Step 5 – Complete the application form
- An application will be considered once all the admission documents are sent through.
- These include a signed contract, all application documents and a proof of payment.
- These can be sent to email@example.com or uploaded online.
- Your student number must always be used as a reference on these documents.
- Your application status can be monitored here.
There are specific forms for certain programmes which can be found below.
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (for all programmes)
- Speech-Language and Hearing Therapy – visitation form
- Dietetics – visitation form
- BA (Visual Arts)
- BA Drama and Theatre Studies
- BA/BSc Sport Science
Step 6 – Application fee
- R100 must be paid alongside your application.
- These can be paid as part of the online application.
- They can also be paid in person at the Administration A Building.
Step 7 – Monitor your application
- The Stellenbosch University shall confirm your application by sending you your student number (username) and password via e-mail.
- This can be used to monitor your application status by logging in here.
Step 8 – Write the national benchmark tests (NBT’S)
- This is compulsory for all prospective first years.
- If you are applying to the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences or to the Faculty of Law then you must write the NBT before June.
- This is because the faculties consider the results for admissions.
- All other faculties require you to do them before you register.
- Click here for more information for more information and to make a booking.
Step 9 – Conditional admission
- If you are offered conditional acceptance then you need to meet the admission requirements in your Matric exams before you can register as a student.
Apply Online to Other Universities in South Africa
- University of Cape Town UCT Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of Fort Hare UFH Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of the Free State UFS Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of Limpopo UL Online Application 2019 – 2020
- North-West University NWU Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of Pretoria UP Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Rhodes University RU Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of the Western Cape UWC Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of the Witwatersrand WITS Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Mpumalanga University MPU Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Sol Plaatje University SPU Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences SMU Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of Johannesburg UJ Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan NMU University Application 2019 – 2020
- University of South Africa UNISA Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of Venda UNIVEN Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Walter Sisulu University WSU Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of Zululand UNIZULU Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology CPUT Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Central University of Technology CUT Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Durban University of Technology DUT Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Mangosuthu University of Technology MUT Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Tshwane University of Technology TUT Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Vaal University of Technology VUT Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Following are the Private Universities and Colleges Online Application 2018 in South Africa-
- The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance Application
- Auckland Park Theological Seminary Online Application
- Baptist Theological College of Southern Africa Online Application
- Boston City Campus and Business College Online Application
- Cornerstone Institute Online Application
- CTI Education Group Online Application
- Damelin Online Application
- Doxa Deo School of Divinity Online Application
- George Whitefield College Online Application
- IMM Graduate School of Marketing Online Application
- Inscape Design College Online Application
- Management College of Southern Africa Online Application
- Midrand Graduate Institute Online Application
- Milpark Business School Online Application
- Oval Education International Online Application
- Qualitas Career Academy Online Application
- Monash South Africa Online Application
- Regenesys Business School Online Application
- South African Theological Seminary Online Application
- St Augustine College of South Africa Online Application
- Stenden University South Africa Online Application
- Varsity College Online Application