Wits University Online Application 2019 – 2020
You may apply online. In order to apply online you will need a working email address and your South African identity number, or, if you are an international applicant, your passport number.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application by printing the forms from the links below, and sending them to the Admissions Office.
Wits Application Breakdown
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle. Applications close at the end of June for all specialised programmes and at the end of September for all other programmes.
Apply to Wits using the online application
Things to note before applying online to Wits:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application. Don’t have one? Get an email address first.
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- Make sure you have your documents ready to upload.
- Some degree programmes require additional documents. You will be able to check out which programmes require extra documents here.
How to Apply Online
Wits has one online application portal for all applicants. From here, you will be able to complete a new academic or residence application, continue with an existing application or apply for a programme if you are already enrolled at Wits.
Apply to Wits Residence
You will be able to apply for student accommodation online. Please note that the closing date for applications is 30 September and you will need to pay a residence application fee. This fee will need to paid to the Central Accommodation office with the questionnaire you receive after applying.
Application Fees for Wits
South African citizens will need to pay a non-refundable application fee of R100 and international applicants are required to pay a R700 application fee. This fee will need to be paid before the application closing date.
Residence application fees vary depending on whether you are allocated a single or double room. Single room applicants will need to pay an application fee of R610 while double room applicants are required to pay an application fee of R110.
Submitting of Results and Documents
Here’s a breakdown: you will need to submit your latest academic results with your application form. International applicants will need to submit a certified copy of their latest school report. If you are currently rewriting certain matric subjects, you will need to inform Wits of the subjects you are doing.
Are you a transferring student? If yes, you will need to submit a copy of your published academic results that is stamped by the institution’s Registrar and signed by the Faculty Officer. You will also need to ask the institution to send your full academic record and a certificate of good conduct to the Student Enrolment Centre (SEnC). This is a pretty important part if your application process.
You will be able to check your application status and find out if further documents are required here.
Contact the University of Witwatersrand:
For more information on how to apply to Wits, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the Wits Admissions Department using the following number:
Tel: +27 (011) 717 1888
Apply Online to Other Universities in South Africa
- University of Cape Town UCT Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of Fort Hare UFH Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of the Free State UFS Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of Limpopo UL Online Application 2019 – 2020
- North-West University NWU Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of Pretoria UP Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Rhodes University RU Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of Stellenbosch Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of the Western Cape UWC Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Mpumalanga University MPU Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Sol Plaatje University SPU Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences SMU Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of Johannesburg UJ Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan NMU University Application 2019 – 2020
- University of South Africa UNISA Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of Venda UNIVEN Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Walter Sisulu University WSU Online Application 2019 – 2020
- University of Zululand UNIZULU Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology CPUT Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Central University of Technology CUT Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Durban University of Technology DUT Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Mangosuthu University of Technology MUT Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Tshwane University of Technology TUT Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Vaal University of Technology VUT Online Application 2019 – 2020
- Following are the Private Universities and Colleges Online Application 2018 in South Africa-
- The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance Application
- Auckland Park Theological Seminary Online Application
- Baptist Theological College of Southern Africa Online Application
- Boston City Campus and Business College Online Application
- Cornerstone Institute Online Application
- CTI Education Group Online Application
- Damelin Online Application
- Doxa Deo School of Divinity Online Application
- George Whitefield College Online Application
- IMM Graduate School of Marketing Online Application
- Inscape Design College Online Application
- Management College of Southern Africa Online Application
- Midrand Graduate Institute Online Application
- Milpark Business School Online Application
- Oval Education International Online Application
- Qualitas Career Academy Online Application
- Monash South Africa Online Application
- Regenesys Business School Online Application
- South African Theological Seminary Online Application
- St Augustine College of South Africa Online Application
- Stenden University South Africa Online Application
- Varsity College Online Application